For the falafel:
- 1 x 400g can cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander or 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic clove crushed (or garlic powder)
- rind of half a lemon grated
For the dip:
- 170g pot greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- third-ish of a cucumber
- salt and pepper
- Cook onion and garlic in the coconut oil along with the spices.
- Chuck in with everything else in the food processor (or you can mash it with a potato masher but it will be coarser, which is also fine).
- Make into 9 balls. Serves 2. 4 each – fight over the last one.
- Bake on a non-stick baking tray and brush lightly with a smidgen of olive oil.
- Cook at 170 C for 25 minutes. Turning over half way.
- Leave to cool and then hide them! Terribly moreish.